Choosing The Right Brush For Your Dog.
A dog brush is not a 'one type fits all' purchase. You will need to take your dog's particular fur into consideration, as each coat type has different needs. From pin head to slicker brush,let's sort them all out so you can decide which brush is best for your dog.
- Rake Hair Brush
- In terms of basic looks, this dog hairbrush is quite similar to those of double-sided combs for humans.The only difference is that it is made of steel as you need strong bristles to remove the dirt and tangles from your pet’s fur. Made of high-quality stainless steel, this brush is durable and will stay functional for long. While the broader side can be used for removing the tangles, the narrow one can be used for fine grooming.
- Rakes should be used on thick-haired dogs including German Shepherds,Malamutes, and Chow Chows,Lhasa Apso,Shihtzus,
- Slicker brushes have fine, short wires close together on a flat surface.They are used on medium-to-long-haired or curly-haired dogs to remove mats.It is important to remember to always be gentle when using a slicker brush. The fine, tightly-spaced wires can cause your dog discomfort if too much pressure is used.
- Slicker brushes are used on many dog breeds, including Golden Retrievers,Yorkshire Terriers, Cocker Spaniels,Lhasa Apso,Shihtzu.
- Shop here https://petfeast.in/products/soft-slicker-brush-plastic-12-19-cm-xl?_pos=1&_sid=d29a966d8&_ss
- Silicone or rubber brushes can be used on most dog coat types and dogs love being brushed with them.They are also perfect for dogs who usually run a mile when they see the hairbrush come out.
- Shop here https://petfeast.in/collections/grooming-hygiene/products/super-saver-pet-combo-5-detangling-spray-brush
- Pin brushes are mostly useful for non-shedding dogs and dogs with curly or woolly fur or long, fine or silky fur.These brushes can be used to remove tangles and are gentler than the slicker but are not as good at removing loose fur.
- Shop here https://petfeast.in/collections/grooming-hygiene/products/dog-double-sided-brush-pin-bristles-21-x-6-c
- These combs have very sharp edges so must be used with care.They are an alternative to cutting away very bad mats with scissors.
- Shop here https://petfeast.in/products/slicker-dog-grooming-hair-brush?_pos=2&_sid=40bb0e174&_ss=r
A well-groomed dog is not just a clean dog but is also a healthy one. Brushing your dog’s coat is an important part of canine maintenance & choosing the correct one is quite a task! Hope this article helps you to choose the one that suits your dog the best.